We are grateful to be supported by
The main campus of the University of Ottawa The Advanced Research Complex.
is located near Ottawa's beautiful Rideau Canal.
JOB OPENING FOR POSTDOC IN OUR GROUP
English link: https://uottawa.njoyn.com/CL2/xweb/XWeb.asp?NTKN=c&clid=27081&Page=JobDetails&Jobid=J0220-0815&BRID=255971&lang=1
French link: https://uottawa.njoyn.com/CL2/xweb/XWeb.asp?NTKN=c&page=JobDetails&clid=27081&JobId=J0220-0815&BRID=255971&BPAC=&lang=2
NEWS - also check our Twitter account
- April 2019 - Audrey, Marianne and Kristen succesfully complete and defend their Honours theses. Great job!
- March 2019 - Kristen presents her poster at the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program’s (UROP) annual symposium. Congrats!
- January 2019 - Excited to collaborate with Prof. Menard and Prof. Park in our new project "Sensitive Detection and Identification or Airborne Chemicals and Biological Agents" funded by the Department of National Defense.
- January 2019 - Honoured to have dinner with Nobel Laureate Prof. Donna Strickland at the Canadian Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics
- November 2018 - Congratulations Justin and Ryan for succesfully defending your theses!
- September 2018 - Welcome to the group Sam! Samantha startes her MSc. Physics co-supervised with Prof. Menard.
- September 2018 - Welcome to the group Audrey, Kristen, Marianne! Good luck with your honors theses!
- September 2018 - Welcome to the group Rodrigo! Rodrigo is a visiting student from Brazil.
- August 2018 - Merci, Emmanuelle, our AFM expert, for your hard work this summer!
- August 2018 - End of two weeks of productive discussions seeding new coolaborations with Prof. Dan Killelea.
- May 2018 - Welcome to the group to our summer undergraduate students: Aasad, Italy, Frank, Colin!
- May 2018 - Welcome to the group, Emmanuelle! She is visiting from France as a summer thesis student.
- May 2018 - Welcome to the group, Vivian, for your summer COOP term!
- March 2018 - Luican-Mayer lab is awarded an NSERC Engage grant for development of enviromental sensors
- March 2018 - Good job, Ryan, on your first APS March Meeting talk!
- September 2017 - Congratulations Sebastian for succesfully defending your MSc research project.
- July 2017 - Congratulations Florence for winning the best undergraduate poster award at WIPC 2017! Her poster title: "Electrochemical etching of sharp tips for scanning probe microscopy applications"
- April 2017 - Prof. Luican-Mayer finishes her CAP lecture tour at six Canadian universities
- April 2017 - Welcome to our new summer research studendets: Katherine and Ahmed!
- April 2017 - Welcome to the group Sebastian!
- April 2017 - We get the keyes to our brand new lab in ARC building
- March 2017 - Welcome to the group Andrew!
- February 2017 - CFI funding was awarded for the purchase of a Scanning Tunneling Microcope! The news: https://media.uottawa.ca/news/CFI-john-r-evans-2017
- September 2016 - Welcome to the group Justin!
- September 2016 - Congratulations Rouzbeh for completing your COOP summer!
- June 2016 - Welcome to the group Florence!
- May 2016 - Anastasia, Ryan and Rouzbeh join the lab for the summer. Welcome to the group!
- April 2016 - Luican-Mayer lab is awarded the NSERC Discovery grant for the next five years
- January 2016 - Luican-Mayer lab starts at uOttawa!