We are grateful to be supported by
The main campus of the University of Ottawa The Advanced Research Complex.
is located near Ottawa's beautiful Rideau Canal.
- April 2019 - Audrey, Marianne and Kristen succesfully complete and defend their Honours theses. Great job!
- March 2019 - Kristen presents her poster at the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program’s (UROP) annual symposium. Congrats!
- January 2019 - Excited to collaborate with Prof. Menard and Prof. Park in our new project "Sensitive Detection and Identification or Airborne Chemicals and Biological Agents" funded by the Department of National Defense.
- January 2019 - Honoured to have dinner with Nobel Laureate Prof. Donna Strickland at the Canadian Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics
- November 2018 - Congratulations Justin and Ryan for succesfully defending your theses!
- September 2018 - Welcome to the group Sam! Samantha startes her MSc. Physics co-supervised with Prof. Menard.
- September 2018 - Welcome to the group Audrey, Kristen, Marianne! Good luck with your honors theses!
- September 2018 - Welcome to the group Rodrigo! Rodrigo is a visiting student from Brazil.
- August 2018 - Merci, Emmanuelle, our AFM expert, for your hard work this summer!
- August 2018 - End of two weeks of productive discussions seeding new coolaborations with Prof. Dan Killelea.
- May 2018 - Welcome to the group to our summer undergraduate students: Aasad, Italy, Frank, Colin!
- May 2018 - Welcome to the group, Emmanuelle! She is visiting from France as a summer thesis student.
- May 2018 - Welcome to the group, Vivian, for your summer COOP term!
- March 2018 - Luican-Mayer lab is awarded an NSERC Engage grant for development of enviromental sensors
- March 2018 - Good job, Ryan, on your first APS March Meeting talk!
- September 2017 - Congratulations Sebastian for succesfully defending your MSc research project.
- July 2017 - Congratulations Florence for winning the best undergraduate poster award at WIPC 2017! Her poster title: "Electrochemical etching of sharp tips for scanning probe microscopy applications"
- April 2017 - Prof. Luican-Mayer finishes her CAP lecture tour at six Canadian universities
- April 2017 - Welcome to our new summer research studendets: Katherine and Ahmed!
- April 2017 - Welcome to the group Sebastian!
- April 2017 - We get the keyes to our brand new lab in ARC building
- March 2017 - Welcome to the group Andrew!
- February 2017 - CFI funding was awarded for the purchase of a Scanning Tunneling Microcope! The news: https://media.uottawa.ca/news/CFI-john-r-evans-2017
- September 2016 - Welcome to the group Justin!
- September 2016 - Congratulations Rouzbeh for completing your COOP summer!
- June 2016 - Welcome to the group Florence!
- May 2016 - Anastasia, Ryan and Rouzbeh join the lab for the summer. Welcome to the group!
- April 2016 - Luican-Mayer lab is awarded the NSERC Discovery grant for the next five years
- January 2016 - Luican-Mayer lab starts at uOttawa!